Peoples Book Shop Seller Policy
Responsibilities of the Peoples Book Shop Seller
- Accurate listing: The Peoples Book Shop Seller agrees to accurately list all book information and descriptions including, but not limited to, the proper categorization of international editions, instructor editions, and annotated instructor editions using book traits. The Peoples Book Shop Seller will make note of any differences regarding content (including exercises and problems) when listing international, instructor’s, or annotated editions. The Peoples Book Shop Seller also will not misrepresent different editions, publication years, or other information with the intent of misleading buyers to a version other than what they are searching for. Proper usage of book traits is critical.
- Ownership of items: The Peoples Book Shop Seller warrants that the Peoples Book Shop Seller the legal owner of all items listed in the Peoples Book Shop Seller’s inventory.
- Checking for new orders.: It will be the Peoples Book Shop responsibility to mail and inform new orders received. Reliance solely on automated order notifications and order files does not eclipse the seller’s responsibility to verify the receipt of new orders.
- Order confirmation: Orders will be confirmed no later than 2 business days (excluding holidays) from the time they are placed. Orders that are not confirmed within this time frame are subject to cancellation at Peoples Book Shop’s discretion. It is the Peoples Book Shop Seller’s responsibility to mail and verify that each order has been confirmed within 2 business days regardless of the method you use for confirming orders, or the order will be cancelled. Repeated neglect regarding order confirmation could result in account suspension until the problem is resolved. In extreme cases, account termination could result.
- Order processing: The quick and accurate fulfilment of orders is required within 2 business days of order confirmation.
- Cancellations: Orders that cannot be fulfilled must be cancelled within 2 business days. A refund will issued immediately to customers who have had their orders cancelled. An excessive amount of cancellations may result in account suspension until any issues are resolved.
- Returns; Peoples Book Shop sellers are required to accept returns within 30 days of the order date. Any buyer who returns a book due to an error on the Peoples Book Shop Seller’s part (i.e., wrong book shipped, faulty packaging resulting in damage or loss, item not as described, item shipped past deadline, etc.) shall not be charged shipping, handling, or restocking fees and will be issued a full refund. However, modest restocking fees no greater than 15% of item cost may be charged when the reason for return is no fault of the Peoples Book Shop Seller (i.e., buyer changed his or her mind, buyer ordered incorrect book, class cancellation, etc.) Peoples Book Shop Sellers may not assess additional shipping charges for the original shipment of the order. Peoples Book Shop Sellers may not impose additional shipping fees for the original shipping charge if an order is returned. Buyers must request permission to return a book within 30 calendar days from its order and the Peoples Book Shop Seller must respond within 2 business days of the request. Any fees deemed excessive by Peoples Book Shop may be charged back to the Peoples Book Shop Seller and a refund in part or whole given to the buyer. The maximum restocking fee permitted is 15% of item cost. Since refunds cannot be given above the original purchase amount, Peoples Book Shop Sellers must provide a prepaid shipping label for returns that are the result of the Peoples Book Shop Seller error or forfeit the item. Peoples Book Shop sellers may not under any circumstances ask for or coordinate payments or credits outside of Peoples Book Shop. Customer return requests are considered valid when the first contact is made within 30 days of the order date.
- Return rate: The return rate is calculated by dividing the number of returns by the total number of orders placed. Excessively high return rates could negatively impact a Peoples Book Shop Seller’s account status. The target return rate for all Peoples Book Shop Sellers is less than 12%. Peoples Book Shop Sellers that have a significantly higher return rate than 12% may face account suspension or other corrective actions.
- Responsiveness to buyers and Peoples Book Shop: The Peoples Book Shop Seller is expected to answer all pre-purchase and post-purchase buyer inquiries in a timely manner (within 48 business hours) and resolve all issues to the best of his or her ability. Additionally, the Peoples Book Shop Seller agrees to answer all communication from Peoples Book Shop within 2 business days to remain in good standing with Peoples Book Shop. Failure to do so could result in account suspension or other actions.
- Communication requirements: All sellers are required to list a valid customer service email. In addition, all sellers must include a valid phone number. The phone number will not be shared with customers, it is for use by Peoples Book Shop only. All communication with buyers and Peoples Book Shop staff is expected to be professional and courteous. Any disrespectful remarks to customers and/or Peoples Book Shop staff will be taken seriously and may result in a refund/cancellation of an order, account suspension, or other action.
- Feedback: Any manipulation of feedback is prohibited. Any replies to comments left must be respectfully crafted in a professional tone. Any attempt to bribe a customer to leave positive feedback will result in an immediate suspension and possible termination of your account. Absolutely no personally identifiable information may be posted. This includes, but is not limited to customer’s name, address, other contact information, as well as order number or other identifying data. Violations may result in account suspension and payments held for 120 days. Peoples Book Shop has the final word regarding feedback and any resulting actions.
- Drop shipping: Drop Shipping is not authorised on Peoples Book Shop and action taken will be at the sole discretion of Peoples Book Shop to prevent drop shipping orders and Peoples Book Shop Seller accounts that drop ship orders.
Consequences for non-performance: Violations of the policies above may result in any or all of the following actions:
- Listing cancellation
- Temporary account suspension
- Account termination
- Limits on account privileges
- Account balance adjustment
- Loss of Peoples Book Shop Seller privileges
- Referral to law enforcement
- Withholding of pending payments until issues are resolved. Payments may be withheld for up to 120 days if your account is permanently suspended. This is to make sure all pending returns, refunds, and chargebacks are addressed before payment is issued and adjustments are made to your account.
Prohibited items: The following items cannot be sold on Peoples Book Shop:
- Illegal or stolen items. This includes items obtained unlawfully as well as books that violate Indian. copyright laws.
- Electronic versions of textbooks, solution manuals, PDF files, or other study aids (including, but not limited to, electronic versions listed under the paper version’s ISBN).
- Any item without an ISBN. ISBN applied items shall be listed on request.
- Advanced reading copies or uncorrected proofs.
- Counterfeit, pirated, scanned, or knockoff versions of textbooks and other books.
- Defective and/or misprinted books
- Books that are missing pages, have torn/missing covers, or are otherwise damaged.
- Books that are water/liquid damaged.
Peoples Book Shop Seller performance: Customer service is the highest priority for Peoples Book Shop and we expect the same to be true for all Peoples Book Shop Sellers on our Peoples Book Shop. It is the Peoples Book Shop Seller’s responsibility to accurately identify items through book traits and clear description, quickly and accurately confirm orders, ship items in a timely fashion as outlined in these guidelines, and resolve customer issues in a courteous and professional manner. Failure to adhere to the highest standards for customer service and efficient fulfilment may lead to a Peoples Book Shop Seller’s suspension pending the resolution of any issues.
Peoples Book Shop Seller payments: We offer several payment options for Peoples Book Shop Sellers:
- Check (by mail)
- NEFT/RTGS transfers to Account.
Chargebacks and Peoples Book Shop Seller responsibility: Peoples Book Shop Sellers are responsible for all chargebacks related to non-delivery, quality of goods, or shipment of an incorrect item. Peoples Book Shop Sellers will be held responsible for any chargeback where the Peoples Book Shop Seller fails to respond to any and all information requests, or if the response is insufficient to fight the chargeback. Peoples Book Shop Sellers will be held responsible for the amount of the order (including shipping costs), as well as all fees assessed by the bank for the issuance of the chargeback. These fees are not assessed nor covered by Peoples Book Shop and are the Peoples Book Shop Seller’s responsibility. It is the Peoples Book Shop Seller’s responsibility to ensure delivery of the item or issue a refund when one is due; to accurately represent the item for sale, and to ensure shipment of the correct item. If a chargeback is issued and covered by the issuer’s protection policy, you will not be held responsible for the monetary amount. However, all chargebacks are closely monitored. A high number of chargebacks for your Peoples Book Shop Seller account will result in further action by Peoples Book Shop.
- Peoples Book Shop will make every effort to contact the Peoples Book Shop Seller prior to taking action for violations of Peoples Book Shop Seller terms and conditions.
- Customer information, including email address, may only be used in the context of fulfilling orders on Peoples Book Shop. Use of any customer information for purposes outside of Peoples Book Shop ‘s order fulfilment is strictly forbidden.
- Other violations of Peoples Book Shop Seller terms and conditions include:
- Listing inaccurate or incorrect book information using book traits or item descriptions (including ISBNs) resulting in the misrepresentation of inventory
- Failure to deliver an item for which payment was accepted
- Non-shipment of book orders within two days of processing
- Failure to respond to all customer inquiries pre- and post-order
- Non-response to Peoples Book Shop Customer Care staff inquiries
- Unclear pricing; descriptions include instructions to contact Peoples Book Shop Seller for pricing details or to negotiate a price (even though the book does have a valid price attached to it)
- Cancelling an order on Peoples Book Shop and redirecting a customer to pay you via PayPal or any other means
- The redirection of orders in any manner, including but not limited to having a customer reship an order to another customer
- Stating that returns are permitted, and then telling customers they must wait until another buyer is found
- Not offering a refund for incorrectly described books
- Not offering a refund for orders that were shipped past the posted guidelines
- Listing stolen items
- Threatening or abusive language or attempts to intimidate Peoples Book Shop ‘s staff, fellow Peoples Book Shop Sellers, or buyers
- Inclusion of personal or political commentary that may be considered defamatory in book descriptions
- Attempting to bribe a customer with benefits in exchange for positive feedback or other similar actions
- Attempting to delay or avoid customer return requests beyond 30 days to justify non-compliance of Peoples Book Shop Seller responsibilities
- Peoples Book Shop reserves the right to make final decisions regarding disputes for all orders that occur on the Peoples Book Shop.
- Attempting to defraud or mislead by masking billing location, shipping location, name, identity, or by other methods will result in account closure and forfeiture of all pending payments.
Payment Withholding: PeoplesBookShop.com reserves the right to delay initiating a Payment Transaction transfer to a Seller’s Account (regardless of method of payment) pending an investigation if PeoplesBookShop.com, in our sole discretion, believes the buyer or the seller may have breached this Participation Agreement. Notwithstanding any other provision of this Participation Agreement, if PeoplesBookShop.com determines, in its sole discretion, that the seller has breached this Participation Agreement, PeoplesBookShop.com may refuse to transfer any Payment Transactions to the seller and may instead maintain such amount in a trust account or may return such amount to the buyer. PeoplesBookShop.com will not be liable to a seller if PeoplesBookShop.com acts in this manner.
Termination: PeoplesBookShop.com, in its sole discretion, may terminate this Participation Agreement, access to our Web Site or the Services, or any sales or purchases or offers for same, immediately and without notice, for any reason (including but not limited to repeat infringements). Although PeoplesBookShop.com reserves the right to terminate this Agreement, access to our Web Site or the Services at any time for any reason, you agree that PeoplesBookShop.com may treat you as a repeat infringer if PeoplesBookShop.com receives more than 3 notifications of alleged legally improper behaviour.